Given current concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we anticipate that you may have questions about what we are doing on a daily basis to comply with directives provided by local, national and world health agencies.
Please rest assured, there is no issue more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our guests, employees, and community. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The health authorities tell us that, to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we must: wash hands frequently, heighten cleaning practices, avoid contact with sick people, stay away from work when ill and not travel to areas with high infection rates.
Specifically, this is what we are doing:
Commitment to Cleanliness: To protect guests and staff and prevent the spread of illness, we employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive training for staff.
- Hospital grade sanitation products.
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the day including all public spaces, luggage carts and furniture.
- Physical distancing of guests and most staff, during stay and post stay.
- Modified complimentary breakfast with to-go items and single use items.
- Heightened Awareness and Monitoring.
- The pool and hot tubs are open on a reservation basis only to maintain a 6-foot social distancing.
- We are offering limited “stay-over” housekeeping services to limit contact between guests and employees per recommendations of local health department. Removal of trash and towels only, guest must exit room while services provided.
- We are limiting the number of guests in the breakfast room to two at a time, thank you for your patience. Breakfast items be taken back to your room or enjoyed on your balcony or patio.
- We request that all guests wear a face covering while in public areas.
We are encouraging guests who are ill to seek medical attention and to avoid public exposure as much as possible. We have also established protocols to help guests get the medical attention they may need. If an employee appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to promptly seek medical attention and to remain at home until they are free of symptoms.
We continue to monitor and analyze the directives provided by local, national and world health agencies on a daily basis and are committed to implementing recommendations from the health authorities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, employees, business partners and community at large. Customers should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel & stay at hotel. Reservations will not be honored where prohibited.
For the most updated information on Pismo Beach please refer to http://pismobeach.org/938/CovidResponse.
For the most updated information on San Luis Obispo County please refer to https://www.readyslo.org/. For the most updated information on the Coronavirus, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at https://www.cdc.gov/ or contact your local health authority.